PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Chess Game
Thread: CASA Chess Game
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2013, 06:32
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mods. Con su permiso.

With the forbearance of the Mods, as most of this thread has previously been tolerated as humour and a place to air the more risible posts related to aviation; the following "Anonymous contribution" was sent to me for a laugh. As there are not too many laughs in the real saga of the "Lady Wilga" I thought I might share it. No editing by me but, it did make me smile. Would love to "fix" it up, there's almost a classic feel to the thing – judge it as you may. Selah. K.

An ode to the Lady Wilga.
Once upon a time in a far off sunny land, a good old stick, Sir Richard, was lending the 'Lady Wilga' a loving, helpful hand, she'd tripped the sky fantastic; where she flew like a dancing band. Until back on sullen earth she'd bumped her bum on a bumper bar; and was stuck there; down on land.

"What ails thee pretty flower"; croons Sir Richard as he looks, "there's not much too much wrong here my pet: we'll fix it, by the book".

And as he looked, all caring like; along the dusty road there came a bloody great big copper astride a gummint bicycle ; ugly, and as mean as Doc Hook.

"Get ya grubby paws off that ladies bum", cries he, "lest I first arrest you, then jail you and have you duly tried".

"Do your worst, ya ugly bastard" called hero Richard, very aloud, "tis my lady's bum which I will fix and send her off; real proud".

The boots and punches flew that sunny Queensland day; and 'til the brawl was over no one had a clue: to who it was; or why it was, nor where the winning lay.

But today, she sits all rosy; like a smile on virgins cheek. Sir Richard one, the villain none; a paddlin' up **** creek.

Last edited by Kharon; 20th Jan 2013 at 06:36. Reason: It's only a comma FCS.