PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2013, 03:32
Tim Mills

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Marvelous thread. First came across it in Cliffnmo days, out of touch for a year or two, then delighted to find it still here with Danny and all the others, but haven't contributed because being a Cold War warrior, Meteor, Canberra, instructing, and various desks, never called upon to do anything dangerous or daring! But now, I feel I have to take issue with Danny in his remarks about the Spit 9(T) two seater, having spent several enjoyable hours driving the beast from the rear seat, with either a camera man, a camera only, or on one occasion a dummy dressed as a B of B pilot, in the front seat. So I know what the two seater was really for once the Irish air force, I think, had finished with them!
I agree with him about the other Marks, though never having flown a Griffon one. My favourite was the Mk2 which was the last I flew when I delivered it from Bovingdon to Coltishall, via Cranwell, for the B ofB Memorial Flight once the B of B filming was over.
Wish I could recall as well as Danny, and I am ten years his junior! Many thanks all, keep going, and sorry for the interruption!