PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dumb arses and guns...
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2013, 00:12
finestkind

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Apologise, a bit late in from were I wanted to intro so may not follow the current line.

Once upon a time if you stole a loaf of bread you were hung or deported for life. Once upon a time if you stole a horse/rustled you were hung.

A different time but some justification. You didn't steal the bread off the rich coves table 5 miles away you stole it of some one in a similar predicament as you and therefore they starved instead of you.

When the Constitution was written, the right to bear arms was a far more fundamental right and far more justified.

If as stated the right to bear arms is to prevent the Government from becoming a dictatorship than I find this highly questionable Mr Jones.

Musket to musket with the cannon thrown in was a reasonably fair playing field. "Hunting rifle" to tanks, missiles, machine guns, aircraft does not add up. Am I missing something here or is it delusional to think the right to bear arms will prevent a dictatorship, or is Alex Jones the delusional one.

Sorry cannot help it, slight thread drift. Freedom of speech. With any right comes responsibility. Does freedom of speech give a person the right to walk down the street and f&&8 and C^$% to everyone. I would hope not. It was a right to voice your opinion and beliefs and hold fast to them without fear of persecution. Not a right be an arsehole. A different time and place were if you did voice your opinion/belief you would have been persecuted. Have we not evolved, become civilised enough, through gaining these rights to state that we will not fall back into this state. Have we not become more educated than the average man 200 plus years ago. Do we not have far, exceedingly so, more access to information to known what is going on (no matter how eschewed by the media). Do the citizens of the USA really fear a take over. In a democracy there is every chance that this will occur but not through arms but simple voting.

I do not have a gun. There will be no accidental death in my house from a gun. If I did not have a pool there would be no accidental drowning. I do but it is fenced etc to minimise the risk. A have a right to have a pool, I have a responsibility to make it as safe as possible.

Keesje states that in the Netherlands that it is not the law to wear a bike helmet. Therefore its the individuals right to either wear one or not. Is it the tax payers responsibility to keep the brain damaged rider alive on life support.