PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I need your advice regarding volunteering
Old 17th Jan 2013, 22:54
tomtytom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"My question to you is, is it really worth it? It it worth me doing a disgusting washing up job in the hope that a pilot might walk though and ask if I want to sit in the back seat. Obviously I'd love to, but I wouldn't get to for a while until I am known well by the pilots.

I could get a part time job to fund the PPL, I wouldn't get any back seat experience but it would be a better job and I would get more flying hours per hour worked."

I went flying last week with a friend from work who is half way through training then back seats where taken with a girl who is in air cadets and a chap who had come into the school to ask about flying lessons. Upon landing he went straight into the club and practically paid for a PPL package. When i started out people oftern took my flying (not with a instructor just as a passenger) and i think its good to be able to sit back watch someone else fly and take it all in. I remeber how excited and how enjoyable those experiances where and will always let willing new learners come for a ride if i have spare seats. Obviosuly you treat them like any normal passenger and state that it isnt a lesson and just a private flight etc etc.

Which brings me to the next point, where are you base? north england or down south?