View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2013, 20:34
DozyWannabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hetfield
"Don't touch anything"
"Fully automatique"
"All by Puesh buetton"
With all due respect, I'd be interested to know which Airbus document contains such a philosophy, because it's not in any I've read (and for a non-pilot I've read a *lot*).

The push for as much automation as possible came from *airlines*, not manufacturers.

Originally Posted by RAT 5
One wonders if the policy of many airlines to use relatively (2 years experience) inexperienced F/O's as SFI's is correct.
A fair concern, but in this case the check Captain was very experienced in terms of hours.

To an extent I'm with PLovett - while it's understandably tempting to want to blame lack of experience or overreliance on automation, in this case we have a situation which is more complex. What piques my interest is the fact that at the precise point the autothrottle rolled back, the crew were expecting a reduction in thrust as part of the approach. They may have seen the levers moving in their peripheral vision and assumed that was what was happening, but none of them double-checked just how much power was being rolled off...

Last edited by DozyWannabe; 15th Jan 2013 at 20:35.