PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2013, 00:09
ChinaBeached

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have as much right to comment on a public forum offering an opposing or different point of view as those supporting or defending C-Scale.

I find it hard to believe that a then 39 or 40, now 41 year old with the military/flying experience Boxer seems to have shoves him into a polarised position where CX C-Scale is the best option. If that is your true experience then it's a true sad state of affairs that you did not explore the many, many, many other better options that would put you into the RHS of a jet far closer to the UK offering a better salary, better experience, better career progression and hours that actually count toward your (global) future.

How's the contract gig going - GREAT? Still flying a beautiful aircraft all around the globe, getting a tax free salary well and truly in line with the task I perform, great time off and great capacity to retire financially secure. (Keep guessing where though..... The username refers to the CX situation. Nice try but no cigar, not close).

Boxer, those before the iCadetship and C-Scale could also boast of first hand experience of Vmca, Vmcg, torque roll, aft vs forward CoG performance, deep stall, night affect, scalloping, stick fixed or stick free longitudinal stability....even Mach Tuck, and so on, and so on, and so on.... That was no claim to fame back then and shouldn't now. Sad that you're now by far and wide the great exception in your experience and knowledge as opposed to your fellow C-Scalers. During your 3 months in Adelaide (as opposed to the former 4 weeks for DESO's) the lessons on the 1:60 rule must of been enthralling! I can imagine the iCadets ooo'ing and ahhh'ing as they sit around your feet with their warm milk at bed time as you read aloud the pages of your log book.

This thread still has the same theme: those who know about CX and the international airline scene argue against it, those who haven't a clue or seek C-Scale as a good thing & argue to defend their ignorance, those so immature and ignorant ask the same questions (When will CX reply to my application? Does anyone have any tips for my study? What was A or B Scale? How much does it cost to rent in HK? What's an aeroplane? I'm just so passionate but forgot I even applied!!...) But now there's a new stream coming through of those who are living the C-Scale iCadet issue and speaking out after experiencing the truths that have been forewarned by so many for so long.

But then the old theme comes back - shut up if you don't blindly & ignorantly agree with C-Scale and speak out against the lowering of of the profession by way of standards, training and remuneration.

Last edited by ChinaBeached; 14th Jan 2013 at 00:11.