PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Swiss RJ captain "struggled" to fly without a flight director to tell him what to do
Old 11th Jan 2013, 12:44
error_401

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ Reinhardt

Have to add this: IMHO every airline pilot envies you guys from the military flying. I would have wished for flying military planes but it was not meant for me to be. So I've ventured the civil way.

I would have loved to learn to fly the way you fly. Upside down or at 60 deg bank and +2g in turn. Surely you get the feel for "flying". But then it is only for so and so many of us and it costs not millions but probably billions to finance an airforce. A single fighter aircraft costs as much as a 737 with the more advanced ones with the price tag of a 777 for the system.

Instead of ranting and also a bit bragging about the mil. vs. civ. way - would you offer me training hours on one of these steeds? Need not be an F16 so I can learn how to fly?.

Sometimes it comes to make the best use of equipment - and I'll take what is given to me and will try to excel in that. As for the comments about what could have been done better I agree with your opinion but disagree with the way you have exposed them.