Old 9th Jan 2013, 02:55
Winged Wombat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GU,

You asked .....

"By the way, does anyone know what kind of questions they
ask at OSB? Even the generic ones would be great, because so far in this thread
(unless I've missed it) they say prepare for OSB, but I don't know the
questions, so how can I prepare for questions I don't know right?

Just put yourself in the board's shoes. They have to work out what risk each candidate presents. Your FSP result is one important link in that decision making matrix. You NEED to do as well as you possibly can at the FSP. The rest is probably all about your personal qualities and why you're asking to become a pilot with Defence. Think about what's driving you.

Imagine you are about to decide to employ someone who is going to cost you about $4M to train before you even get any production out of them. By the way it's probably about $10M for a fast jet pilot. What questions would you ask and how would you decide whether the risk is appropriate or not. It's not rocket science.

You'll probably never be fully prepared for the OSB. Accept that. There will likely be questions you can't answer. However if you are motivated correctly you will easily be able to answer most questions because you're naturally interested in the subject. Don't kid yourself. Unless your absolutely and relentlessly driven about the opportunity, you probably won't be successful.

All the pilots I know remain completely addicted to aircraft and aviation, whether they're in the civilian industry like me or still in the military side of things. It's a bug and you'll know if you've got it or not because you just can't get rid of it.