PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - One infant dead in Nunavut plane crash
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2013, 11:54
clunckdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
STC, "consumers dont like sitting backwards", well a short Google search shows that there has been almost no negative consumer reaction when aircraft seats have been so installed. I am reminded of our VP marketing who predicted that a smoking ban would drive our customers away, what really took place when the oufit I flew for became one of the first to ban this stupid habit was our load factors took the largest jump up in the airlines history. {by the way, this ban was spearheded by a flight attendent and a pilot medical examiner, both of who were harrased by the tobaco industry and regretfully a few pilots who were rabid smokers, however most of these pilots have gone on to smokers heaven, but their deaths were in most cases not very pretty, two years on oxygen is not the nicest way to depart this world}When seat belts were introduced to our highways the same outcry about "freedom of rights" and other objections abounded, however I doubt there are many still claiming that seat belts are a bad thing, I could go on about how our presurization problems/ avionics glitches/cleaning costs/and overall maint cost declined, the only down side we found was that it was harder to find a presure leak as the tell -tale streaks of brown crap no longer took one to the source of the leak! Its time for TC and ICAO to justify the huge amounts of money they suck from the industry and enforce rearward facing seats for all pasenger comercial aircraft, but that would of course require them to make some meaningfull decisions, Im not holding my breath!