PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Night Fleet (Citijet revisited)
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2003, 21:09
Luke SkyToddler

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Yowch ... $10 grand for 5 hours in that battered old ZK-ECM Even back in the heydays of Rex and Eagle and Cityjet all operating the bandit, that would have been a bit of a gouge ... but now with that being I think the only bandit still operating in NZ, it's absolute foolishness to throw money at it.

Most people who have got 1000 hrs / 200 multi are going to be wise enough to not touch this with a 40 foot pole ... but even if you are a fresh Massey grad and you are going through the painful process of realizing that the real world of aviation is not at all like F.S. and G.H. told you it would be, you dont want to throw good money after bad by going and buying 5 hours (!!) of bandit time ... trust me its going to make a big hole in your wallet and not a blind bit of difference to your CV.

Especially the way Eagle & Origin are recruiting at the moment, anyone who's got 1000 hours and 200 multi is likely to get a phone call in the next few months anyway, it's not the time to be spending money on useless type ratings with dodgy operators. Much better to sit tight, get those ATPLs, snag every second of multi piston you can, stay current and wait for the phone to ring. Even for those who are high time single engine but who haven't got the multi time yet, I reckon there are likely to be multi piston jobs popping up around the country pretty regularly this year, apparently Eagle have phoned another few people this week and all indications are that recruitment should be ongoing for a while.