PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Logging of T/O and Landings
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2013, 16:47
mad_jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was in the thickies class at english and failed O grade first time got it the second and that was required for Uni. I was of the generation when they put your Left hand in a sling to make you write with your right hand if you showed any tendency's in that direction.

My other subjects maths sciences etc I was more than fine with.

As for the numerical side of things I definately don't have any problems with load sheets performance etc. Its usually me picking up the stupid mistakes which are as glaring to me as my mistakes in English are to you.

Actually one of the reasons for leaving professional engineering was to get away from report writing. I only have problems with rereading what I have written just after I have wrtten it, not reading what is written by others.

And actually one of the career choices for dislexics who have reasonable numerical skills is actually being a pilot or airtraffic controller. Apparently we have very good 3D visulisation.

And actually the current pilot training system although not by design is about perfect for dislexics.

Its funny being rubbish at maths and clueless in science is socially acceptable in fact some seem proud of the fact.