PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 4
Thread: Jet2 4
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2013, 22:24
LNIDA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good that they're asking UK crews to be based there. When I first heard I thought the

Your having a laugh aren't you? even Norwegian contract crews are better paid than Jet2 at around €10000+ per month and no seasonal 70% bollocks based in Glasgow on a Zenon contract, no Summer holiday embargo and a proper ID 90 self administered staff & family travel system in addition to free commute for crew.

Norwegians ALC base opens 1st of April, with one or two further bases to be announced this year, i guess they need to find some were to put 14 brand new 737-800's due to be delivered in 2013 and that's in addition to the 3 Dreamliner's

The Finn-air contract is even better, sure its cheap labour compared with what they are paying in Finland but way above what Jet2 pay

Still its a good move for Jet2, will be very interesting to see how they crew it but its a mine field in respect of social & local taxes, my advice for people interested in a ALC is take a long hard look at the roster, you need a block of four days off to commute home and a 100% guarantee of firm tickets back to the UK.