PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 9
Thread: Ryanair - 9
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jan 2013, 08:25
Cyrano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FRatSTN
where with Ryanait, the time often doesn't make much difference to the base fare, just the day of the week. It's little things like that whcih I don't particularly like about EZY although I would still fly with them in they were considerably cheaper than Ryanair.
You may not have tried booking a higher-frequency route such as DUB-LGW or DUB-STN where, I can assure you, the Ryanair prices can vary very considerably by time of day within a single day.

But as wowzz says, why is this an issue? I would expect a Monday morning DUB-LGW flight to cost more than a Monday evening flight (for example), simply because more people want to fly to London on Monday morning - simple supply and demand, the core of LCC revenue management.

Thanks for sharing your opinion, though, which is very interesting. Ryanair has plenty of detractors and defenders, but even the defenders (understandably) point to its low fares as part of the reason they like it. It's rarer to find someone who finds the Ryanair website/onboard product (as opposed to the fares) better than EZY.