PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 9
Thread: Ryanair - 9
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2013, 20:22
FRatSTN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes and EasyJet will probably pull another aircraft out and shift it to Southend knowing them and then possibly later regret it when Stansted's new owners give them a better offer.

In my opinion, I prefer Ryanair anyway (hence my user name) as I must be one in a thousand who prefer the service of Ryanair to EasyJet. I have found that over the years, EasyJet's website has massively deteriated whilst Ryanair's is generally improving although still too many ads and the captcha, but with an LCC you need to take that with a pinch of salt. I have found EasyJet to become over the top with trying to adapt itself to focus on business traveller, almost trying to become more like a full service carrier and trying to build on it's "easy" theme. For instance, there is no longer just a plain and simple route map so I can just see where they fly to. They now have this "Inspire me" map and now it's a google map image where I have to hover over each destination to see actually where it is and whats there and all the rest of it and I find that more difficult.

Alot of people complain about Ryanair never stop trying to sell stuff on the plane and announcing over the tannoy what they are flogging next, disturbing your relaxation, but I actually find EasyJet to be worse at this. I must have been asked if I wanted to buy something at least 10 times on a 3 hour flight to Marrakech, looking a bit annoyed every time people said no. They went down the aisle 4 times with food/drinks, kept trying to sell duty free and the rest of it, each time shouting it over the tannoy that they were coming down with the trolley as well as cabin crew being a little unfriendly and looking bored at times, which I was particularly surprised at as I always remember EasyJet crew always being up for a bit of a laugh and a joke.

So in a nutshell, despite EasyJet already serving Naples, I welcome the news that Ryanair want to fly there as they are a lot cheaper if you book at the right times and I persoanlly prefer the onboard service.