PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best Company to work for? (your dream job!)
Old 29th Dec 2012, 21:23
low n' slow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If there was ever an operator with a crew base at ESSA or ESSB... Normally no more than 2 overnights a week and when required to be away for the night, it would be in a decent hotel and nothing too shabby. The company would have to have a financial good track record with a stable future. Preferably on some government contract to provide stability. The risk of the company going ttsu would have to be non existent within the forseeable future. I would make enough money to pay all my bills and mortgages and also be able to put away a little bit every month. I would work with colleagues who understood what they had and enjoyed what they were doing.

Because the company would be operating on a subsidised routes deemed important for the infrastructure, protected from the filthy fingers of LCC's, it would find the possibility not to schedule down to the limits of Subpart Q. Working hours would be decent and the schedule would allow me to arrive at work being fully rested after a rest period. I wouldn't have to balance loyalty to the company with loyalty to my licensing authority. Feeling hindered to speak out on issues affecting either safety or efficiency would not be heard of in this company. Instead it is encouraged. As workers on the line, we would feel connected to the company through a weekly letter from the top dog. Normally, all that would be in that letter would be about things being buisness as usual or perhaps some insight into new contracts or new routes being launched. New colleagues would always be presented in this letter so if you noticed a new face in the crew room you would at least have a slight idea of who it was.

Pension schemes would be generous, but not overly so. Naturally there would be a loss of license scheme to cover all events. Quite modest requirements really. Stability would be the key factor for me sending in an application...