PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dutch TV reports on 'Ryanair pilots denominated alarm over safety'
Old 29th Dec 2012, 16:07
737Jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ryanair bashing? Where do I bash ryanair? As I said this could have happened to any airline.

What I am saying is that somethimg is wrong when (even only one) pilots feel pressured into taking minimum plog fuel. Or are taking less extra fuel then they feel comfortable with. I am saying that publishing fuel league tables is wrong.
And that if pilots feel pressured its up to management to make sure they don't feel pressured.
Instead of stating that the pilots saying they feel pressured are lying or trying to identify them through flight numbers and names. Clearly these pilots feel they have no where internally to go to.
For me that is enougn evidence for me that there is a cultural problem within ryanair.

As long as you take plog fuel you are legal, as long as you land with final reserve you are legal. Legal does not equal safe imho.

You seem to completely miss the point of
Brave man who waits around for emergency fuel status before diverting to another airport btw.
This was in relation to your:
By the way, ATC cannot 'close' an airport to any aircraft in an emergency.
Not to the valencia diversions.

Last edited by 737Jock; 29th Dec 2012 at 16:08.