PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dutch TV reports on 'Ryanair pilots denominated alarm over safety'
Old 29th Dec 2012, 15:40
BOAC
Per Ardua ad Astraeus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is getting tedious! The mistake RY made was (I covered this on the original thread)

Brave man who waits around for emergency fuel status before diverting to another airport btw.
- to wait until near 'div fuel' (CMR) to divert - pointless in that weather, but NOT 'dangerous'.

In addition

To put themselves in the hands of Spanish ATC

To put themselves in the same piece of sky as a Lan Chile flight that obviously could not handle its own fuel system.
----------------------------------------------------

There is NO requirement in aviation to carry any 'holding' fuel if you are not going to hold. Simple!
My company stopped with planning for longest SID and STAR, instead a computer determines likely arrival based on rwy configuration.
- does it work? If not, you need to take extra and annotate the plog accordingly. If it does, either stop complaining or leave for another airline that does.
Maybe its time for the authorities to increase the legal minima and thus provide a level playing field.
- I quite agree, but they have not. That is where the effort needs to be, not in RY bashing.What would be a 'level playing field' by the way?