PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dutch TV reports on 'Ryanair pilots denominated alarm over safety'
Old 29th Dec 2012, 09:13
maybepilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A and C,

it is not an issue of personal convenience as in your case, it is about the legal status of the majority of our colleagues in Ryanair and alikes.
I am not a Southern European resident nor citizen and in my northern European country these practices are called "disguised self employment" for the purpose of tax and social security evasion and are the cause of unfair competition that can lead , in extreme cases, to the bankruptcy of the competitors who play by the rules and becomes a social cost in a country where the tax payers have to pay unemployment benefits to their fellow citizens who unfairly lost their jobs.

In my country it is also illegal to have people pay to get a job when there are unemployed professionals on the market and Ryanair doesn't even give these unemployed pilots the chance of an interview, but they claim to be Irish and don't care about the local laws. Funny however how they love to exploit the profit opportunity this country offers them.