PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAMCO Aviation ???
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2012, 02:57
DownIn3Green
Person Of Interest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Ex-Samco...you're right...on the 727 we had the PATS aux fuel system...at one point it started a slow leak...not unairworthy, just unsightly on the ramp with a 55 gal drum under the a/c...

We were in Portland (PDX) for 54 days in 1997...I messaged the then mgr Zack (Zaher Dier)...more than many times that we needed to have this fixed in Dallas at AAC...Sheikh released us for maint during this time but Zack only gave us 10 days to do minor maint...Time and again I e-mailed him, and time and again I was told "no"...

Of course on departure from PDX, Sheikh noticed the 55 gallon drum under his jet...once in cruise, he called me back to the cabin and read me the "riot act" ref why the PATS hadn't been repaired....

I pulled out all of my correspondence regarding this issue with Zack...Sheikh didn't seem happy...Zack met the a/c at Stanstead and I'm assuming the conversation wasn't plesant...shortly after that, in Sept 1998, my services were no longer needed...

Masqood was excellent and also the accountant Peter as well...and I reiterate, I would fly for Sheikh again, anytime, anywhere....DI3G...