PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dutch TV reports on 'Ryanair pilots denominated alarm over safety'
Old 28th Dec 2012, 19:32
Say Mach Number

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a long serving Training Captain in Ryanair all I can say is the Ryanair fuel policy is you can 'take as much as you want' as long as you justify the extra above the minimum as explained below.

If its a flight where its sector fuel and for example plog fuel is 7450kgs our company policy is round to nearest hundred and add a hundred so minimum fuel becomes 7600kgs.

If I want to take a tonne or two more then I do so and couldnt give two hoots what my Base Captain says.

Only time I have asked to justify my fuel was when I took extra fuel due fog and forgot to put it on the voyage report. Fair cop didnt follow the rules. 2 second discussion all done and dusted.

Not threatened with the sack, demotion or asked to pay for the extra fuel carried. (I say that cos that will be next rumour doing the rounds)

I cant speak for other Captains in FR but I certainly dont feel under pressure. I take what I want but then when weather allows I also take minimum where appropriate.

Simples

Last edited by Say Mach Number; 28th Dec 2012 at 19:34.