PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "First Nation" A320 in Lagos
View Single Post
Old 27th Dec 2012, 09:31
stallfail

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well,.......

indeed, I am not a native speaker and even though I've passed the ICAO language proficiency test, my language skill seems not to be sufficient enough to satisfy a bloke like you..........

Please be so kind and do not misinterpret my post, I've never determined that a pilot should have to return his license because he does not write well in English !!!

My opinion ( and believe me, I am not allone) is that based on jimmyjoes statement that he performed a take off, not having directional control below 80 kts and using assymetric thrust in order to get the bird airborne ( irrespective of performing a testflight or not) is inconsistent with any procedure, means he did not follow basic rules that come with the legal capacity of holding a pilots license !!!!

I really appreciate your patience, giving me a lecture in English grammer, but it missed the point !!!

I have tried to explain the chain of events, means the management of FN leased birds which were not airworthy, commercial pressure and mismanagement led to the point where procedures and rules got strechted because pilots/engineers try to make things happen, with proper basic conditions not provided !!!

Working in Nigeria means, walking on a narrow path, you will find so many difficulties and daily bull****, forcing you to violate or short cut procedures and rules, you have to know the limits very well and refuse to accept unsafe conditions,......... what makes you a professional pilot/engineer and not the capability of writting a scholarly piece regarding the word "awesome" !!!