PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Giving passengers control
View Single Post
Old 26th Dec 2012, 20:26
mary meagher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Backpacker, me old china, back on page two you mentioned letting your have-a-go pax preform a loop....please don't!

In fact, I have upset some posters by insisting it is way out of order to frighten first time pax with aeros of any sort. I did myself, a while back, thinking that the chap in the front of my glider was highly qualified to enjoy the experience of a spin and recovery (I am a qualified instructor, or was at the time...). During our flight he had mentioned that down there at Kineton ordinance depot was his place of work, and he confessed he was a bomb disposal expert....could anyone be braver than that, I thought, and asked him (we had done some steep turns) if he would like to see a spin (for the purpose of loosing some altitude, had to get the glider back in half an hour for the next victim). O yes, he said, so we spun, and he never came back.

It is my conviction that the thrill of flying and having a go is quite enough for the first time. It is my further conviction that it is MANDATORY to talk your life partner into having a go, and in fact having a fair amount of a go, even if you are only a moderately experienced private pilot, and that includes use of the radio, because if you go unserviceable, she could save her life and yours...