View Single Post
Old 25th Dec 2012, 17:50   #66 (permalink)
Um... lifting...

Quote:
Mr Morgan tweeted about the petition: "If I do get deported from America for wanting fewer gun murders, are there any other countries that will have me?"
The beauty of the 1st Amendment is that it allows any idiot at all to say anything they d*mned well please, short of hate speech and reckless endangerment.

Quote:
He quickly gained notoriety for his invasive, thrusting style and lack of concern for celebrities' privacy, claiming that they could not manipulate the media to further their own ends without accepting the consequences of a two-way deal.
Right. That.

What Mr. Morgan fails to grasp is that regardless of how nuanced and reasoned his arguments may appear to Mr. Morgan, those who disagree with him, vehemently or otherwise, are equally entitled to express their opinion, in a petition or on national television or any place at all, no matter how ludicrous or stupid he may believe it to be. The 1st Amendment is not his and his alone, and it's time he learned that.

While I suppose it's possible that there's some nation on earth that hasn't yet had it up to their eyeballs with Mr. Morgan and his pompous musings on 'talent' and current events, I seriously doubt there are any others where he can support himself with these less than essential skills in the style to which he's undoubtedly become accustomed.

Quote:
In 2007, Morgan was filmed falling off a Segway, breaking three ribs. Simon Cowell and others made much of Morgan's previous comment in 2003, in the Daily Mail, after former U.S. President George W. Bush fell off a Segway, that "You'd have to be an idiot to fall off, wouldn't you, Mr. President?"