PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Plane of singer Jenni Rivera missing in Mexico
Old 24th Dec 2012, 21:17
bubbers44

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It probably will be some time before we will get any more useful information about why this Lear crashed if ever. We are sorry good people were lost.

All of us want to learn from accidents so they are not repeated. We learned from the 727 crash out of LAX at night. We learned from the MD80's that took off with no flaps. We learned from the DC10 AA flight out of ORD. We learned from the AA Cali crash into terrain.

We learn from accidents and I feel we won't learn anything from this one but the pilots flying this flight might have learned how not to have had this accident if they had read and learned from these accident reports and more. The 20 year old probably flying probably hadn't read any of them.

Just my opinion but my whole career I put myself in their shoes and what I would do to not let it happen to me.

One year after the Swissair cockpit fire over Halifax where all were killed I had smoke throughout the B757 heading for Tegucigalpa, Honduras over the Florida Keys. Our checklist was to shut off nonessential busses and wait to see if the smoke diminished. I made it an immediate action item before the checklist even though it was not company procedure. Our company had not changed anything after their crash so I did. I declared an emergency and descended direct MIA and landed with fire trucks following us to the gate.

We still had smoke smell throughout the airplane but found out it was a galley oven short circuit causing the smell and possible fire. Two weeks later AA changed our check list to what I did after I submitted my report.

We left an hour later in another 757.