PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 24th Dec 2012, 02:34
disagreeable

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All been said before.

Lol, wow, not much changed here. Due to messages i got here is your info.
You were all told about this so you all have no reason to moan.

NTSO will basically not be hired. You are generally not needed. They have a school and now a ctc thing to trickle in NTSOs. Why you are all Banking on this is beyond logic. Maybe ifyou just continue with ur career and if u get a call then all good and well, but i would not hold your breath and "hope/swim" for qr

FTSOs will basically stop for the near year. It's a failed prospect in their eyes. But whats new, qR dont put huge amounts of thought into many things so they assumed that the training would be quick but since its not then they view extra sectors as a liability. If ur inhold pool, you will prob get a start but not until closer to mid year, if at all? Have a plan B and act on it.

For those FTSOs already here, i think that ur training "may" pick up in feb 2013 inshallah! They still have untrained FTSOs from mar/apr2012!

DECs and FOS are the priority, and ive mentioned that ad naseum!!! You may still have to wait a little while they try to figure out how to clear the backlog of guys already here. In sayingthat they are overstepping alltypes of SOs here generally.

Start dates are still being handed out. But as said previously, its trickle hiring at the moment.

Because they have interviewed u does not mean your automatically in! Especially if your an NTSO!
If you get asked for reinterview then thats the way it is. And it seems to be a good chance of that happening for some. Also it will be a different hiring process so no walk in the park if it happens. And based on the previous hiring/fail rates it may be needed??

Could, should, would...... They should do alot of things, but they cannot even add fleet type and date of join to the seniority list! Why, because they do not want you to know! Why? Because it keeps you guessing and it hides alotof stupidity such as favoritism for fleet changes to those who dont deserve it ,incompetence,, sackings and resignation rates. So as someone said eairlier, put a list of those waiting in the hold! LOL they struggle to organise training let alone look afterthose not in company yet!!!

Get used to it, this is the level of respect you get, sadly. If you cant handle it now, youwill lose it when you get here!

In saying that Its ok here half the time and frustrating as hell the other half! My advice is to come here and stay for a month if you can and see if it is really worth it.