PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Robin DR400-160 checklist?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2012, 18:26
BackPacker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you one.

But the DR400 is a very simple aircraft, so "kick the tires, light the fires" would cover 99% of your requirements. There are only three twists to the aircraft that I could think of.

1. Depending on the exact model you may have three fuel tanks. One main tank and two saddle tanks in the inboard section of the wings. So you need to make sure you are using the right tank, and switch tanks every now and then. Also, you may want to develop a procedure for yourself that lets you run the aircraft on each tank for a while, to verify proper operation, before you take off. Taxi on one tank, runup and takeoff on the other won't do it since that's only two tanks checked.

2. The flaps are not strong enough to stand on. Their fabric won't hold your weight and they don't have an over-center stop like a PA28 does. So somewhere at the end of your checklist, after engine shutdown, should be a "flaps down" entry. And similarly somewhere at the beginning you should have a "flaps up" entry.

3. The starter is not integrated with the mag switch. So you need to switch the mag switch to "both" (with your left hand) and then operate the starter button (with your right hand).

Apart from these three twists you can essentially use any checklist from any light aircraft (that has fixed gear and fixed prop).

(But note that the -135CDI or -140CDI is very different, especially in the engine handling department. They really do need different procedures, especially in the emergency section.)