PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Concorde crash: Continental Airlines cleared by France court
Old 23rd Dec 2012, 00:53
DozyWannabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Once and once only will I be your monkey (no offence, but while I'm all for objectivity and truth I'm still suspicious of being played for a fool).

Using both the search function and a visual check of all occurrences of the word "tyre" or "tire" (for our transatlantic cousins) I can find no post referring to AF not reporting tyre failures. Outside of the fact that it would be extremely difficult to do so because such incidents are required to be reported by regulations, I have to conclude that if such a post ever existed it was retracted, or it was misread.

The closest thing I can find is AZR's post early in the thread which states his opinion:

Originally Posted by AlphaZuluRomeo
Indeed, I think AF/French authorities in general took "too lightly" some issues with the plane (namely: tyres, and the Michelin NZG fitted for the return to flight were an excellent thing).
But that's a long way from saying they didn't report tyre burst issues, which would be a serious breach of protocol.

Last edited by DozyWannabe; 23rd Dec 2012 at 01:56.