PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Giving passengers control
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2012, 21:38
Crash one

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is mind boggling the number of times PPLs seem to invent, make up or mis-interpret rules in a more restrictive fashion than necessary. Why are we a nation of devoted rule followers? For what it's worth I offer the controls to pax on climb out, provided I have deemed them not likely to panic, & if they wish to do so I let them fly the thing as long as they like while I do the RT & nav, including most of the way round the circuit to base leg at least. I do not however, gawp out the side with my finger up my ass while they are doing this. They are briefed to let go of everything if I say "I have control" or "gimme it!". I don't see the point in making pax think that poleing an a/c around the sky is rocket science performed by God-like Supermen. I have not yet allowed a non pilot land the thing though I did once let a perfectly qualified PPL nosewheel pilot land it,
(tailwheel), with no problems other than telling him to keep the stick all the way back after touchdown. I am not an instructor so no doubt I will now be considered an arsehole for being stupid. But & a big but, who is qualified to judge my judgement?