PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Inflight re-planning and application of regulatory factors
Old 19th Dec 2012, 08:46
Haroon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
having regard to the performance information contained in the Operations Manual
To me it seems that while deciding what would be a safe landing, one has to consult the performance information in the ops manual.

do you have an Ops manual, haroon and what does it say? Does the Ops manual have any part that is carried on an aircraft detailing LDR for different conditions?
e.g. B777 - Performance Inflight Section - Normal Config Landing Distance

It has the LDR for different conditions. It also states that the distances are actual and unfactored.

Which a/c type are you asking about?
Not any specific type. Was just interested to know if it is written clearly somewhere that factors need not be applied during inflight re-planning.

The logic of applying the factors is that we need some safety margins, since a normal flight by an average pilot is not flown the same way as a test flight by a test pilot.

The logic seems to be valid whether one is on the ground or in the air. For departure the rules state clearly that it is mandatory. However for inflight re-planning under normal conditions (i.e. no emergency and land ASAP condition) I was interested to see what the rules say.

thanks