PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Berlin 737 low on fuel over Heraklion
Old 16th Dec 2012, 16:56
BOAC
Per Ardua ad Astraeus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"severe incident"
- I would imagine it would have declared an emergency and that probably automatically triggers that classification for BFU, although I suppose it could have just missed the orphans' home. I haven't bothered to translate either the BRU or the 'Daily Mirror' auf Deutsch
Originally Posted by depone
we'd be on page five by now
- watch this space

A few more facts would be nice, rather than drama. I reckon holding and a g/a would put most into a 'shortage'. There may well be drama yet to come, but we will see. Where is the duty METAR poster?

UPDATE: With acks to AvHerald,
"An Air Berlin Boeing 737-800, registration D-ABKJ performing flight AB-2242 from Munich (Germany) to Heraklion (Greece), was on approach to Heraklion's runway 09 when the crew aborted the approach and entered a hold for about 15 minutes before commencing the approach to runway 09. The aircraft however went around on final approach, climbed to FL110 and declared emergency reporting low fuel. The aircraft subsequently landed safely at Heraklion.

Germany's BFU reported in their monthly bulletin the aircraft landed below required final fuel reserve, Greece has opened an investigation into the serious incident. The reason(s) for the aborted approach and go-around were not mentioned."

EDIT: Thanks, Ifix

Last edited by BOAC; 16th Dec 2012 at 16:57.