PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Part FCL Course Completion Certificate
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2012, 04:10
MartinCh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whopity, my case isn't as straightforward and yes, I can read legalese.

THIS is the UK CAA page. Excerpt:

A licence, except a Student Pilot Licence or equivalent issued by any other ICAO Contracting State (including a JAA State that has not yet been recommended for mutual recognition) is also deemed to be valid under the ANO for the purposes of flying a UK registered aircraft, providing that the licence and medical are valid in accordance with the rules/laws of the issuing State, and the CAA does not in the particular case give a direction to the contrary. However, Article 62(4) of the ANO states that the holder of such a licence cannot:
(my bold)

I did read the relevant ANO Article few times.
I asked about particular case which isn't that simple, wanting to make sure I would be legal. Also to ensure that renting or possibly flying SEP as tuggie wouldn't be denied/refused fearing that there could be insurance/licensing problems, purely on the basis not knowing 'exceptions' or have something tangible from UK CAA.

Yeah, I want too much, to FCL department to actually have someone who has idea about, oh, hang on, FCL and relevant regs. Sure, such person not reachable over the phone, that's why there's email.

Your analogy with lawn mower driving rights and police station is bit off.
For one, police and DVA/DVLA/DMV are separate agencies/organisations.

WHAT ELSE AM I SUPPOSED TO DO, SHORT OF GOING TO GATWICK IN PERSON?