PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 9
Thread: MANCHESTER - 9
View Single Post
Old 15th Dec 2012, 23:26
johnnychips

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gay friendly wrote:

Helvetic
jonnychips Helvetic operate the BHX-ZRH service on behalf of LX and offer full LX service on board. They do not operate flights in their own right (unlike BRS-ZRH) and therefore only bookable with LX flight numbers on LX website. I ahve used them from BHX on numerous occasions to connect with mainline LX at ZRH and never had a problem. I suppose the only worrying thing is that LX don't seem very interested in using their own metal into BHX and now MAN although that probably bothers the spotters more tha those who actually fly the route!
Thanks for the explanation why I can't find it on Helvetic's website. The annoying thing is that there used to be an early-ish morning flight at about 0900 last year which connected to a BCN flight getting you there by 1415. Business class was reasonably priced and a bit of a treat to start and finish the holiday. This flight either no longer exists, does not connect or is slower - I haven't looked yet.

So I thought I'd 'slum' it with Ryanair to Girona from Donny (only joking used this route five times return, no problem), until I saw the flight back from Girona is at some ungodly hour in the morning, meaning I'd have to leave my hotel at about 0300.

So I'll have to have a good look at other airlines from MAN. Unfortunately the direct Monarch flight is just slightly too early to connect with the earliest train from Donny.

Olton Pete wrote:

The summer 2013 schedules are very volatile at present and whether Helvetic turn up is anyone,s guess.
So do you think I should hang on for a bit?

Last edited by johnnychips; 15th Dec 2012 at 23:36.