PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 13th Dec 2012, 08:42
jeanpaul172

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rumours

@ Supersonic, frankly I believe you have nothing to worry about. People with the offer signed will start to get called before anyone else. In fact, it is already happening. About the 1 year limit, it still is a very vague rumour.
I too have heard of this 'rule' but no one has ever been officially able to confirm it. Some people say this rule obeys people to be in before one year after their assesment date, others have been told this 1 year starts after receiving the good news. There are also people (even inside QR recruitement) who totally deny the existence of this rule. The truth remains unclear.

For the NTSO position, for which some of us participating on the forum have applied, I do believe a selection based on nationality is being made. I doubt that this also holds for the FTSO position and I'm sure it's not applicable to FO's and CAPTS. Fact is that Qatari nationals are preferred (which is understandable). Also family members of Qatar Airways staff will be preferred. That is what I believe, but than again it's mainly applicable to the NTSO position.

Tritzo, your friend being invited for a NTSO interview is suprising.
Or your friend has close ties with Qatar, family, living in the Gulf region? Or they plan on taking on us SO's all together by early spring next year (also a rumour that I have heard). Another fact is that Qatar has recently held recruitment days in Tunesia. I can confirm this since one of my close friends attented the interview. There were about 80!! cadets from which 20 are likely to get hired. When my friend asked the recruiters when (if they got hired) they were scheduled to join they told him, as from April 2013 onwards. My friend has not received the results yet.

Hope this is some helpful information.

Goodluck!! And let's stay positive.