PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BAA airside ID
Thread: BAA airside ID
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2012, 14:52
elgnin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Piltdown Man.

I do not think you are quite correct in that statement......

A set period of time (5 years I believe) must be accounted for including any gaps. If out of the UK in that period, various additional things might need to be done.

The best thing I can advise Chris to do is research the regulatory requirements - there is a lot about this on the website of the Department for Transport (sorry no links to hand but easily searchable). Remember also that the regulations relating to this (regardless of what people think about them - they are there and that's that!) set minimum standard - some card issuers may very well apply additional clauses/requirements that are over and above those minimums so research the relevant issuing body too!

The other piece of advice would be to be honest with your employer (the one conducting the relevant background/security check) even if that is to your detriment. Why? because some convictions don't count (and a DD conviction in OZ might well be ignored anyway - research required) and the employer/card issuer have some rights to overlook some convictions - also better to be straight with them now rather than say nothing now and then have them find out - all involved will take a far dimmer view of lying/hiding something that should be disclosed (if it should be disclosed) and discovering it than they would if they know up front - nobody will willingly employ someone who is not honest! Good luck

Last edited by elgnin; 12th Dec 2012 at 14:59.