PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Aviation Herald under legal threat
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2012, 21:15
Whiskey Papa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been coming to this site for six years and seen hundreds of posts slagging off FR, predicting bankruptcy,disaster and worse. Yet conversely this site generally agrees that the FR fleet is one of the newest and best maintained (and largest) fleet in Europe. It also suggests that flight crew training is good.

Despite some inept marketing, often tongue in cheek, and questionable pricing tactics, FR continues to grow and make a profit. I've never seen miserable cabin crew (I fly FR 12-15 times a year) and whilst only a PPL, I've never seen any dangerous practices. Their safety record is second to none and is excellent per passenger mile and is a good place to start when deciding which airline to fly with. Try looking at AF.

I accept that flight crew have a massive gripe with employment conditions but if I (and the rest of the masses) fly with another airline that's more likely to result in less aircrew jobs. Is that what you want? I understand and sympathise with much of FR crew grievances but I also have professional difficulties of my own, it's not a monopoly! So FR is affordable, convienient and will, I'm willing to wager, continue to grow.

I'll get me hard hat...incoming!!!