PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia Cadetship 2012 & 2013
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2012, 21:22
The Kelpie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
McGrath

I agree it is an improvement on Jetstar.

The comment I made which you have raised is accepted, there are circumstances where, for example the 50 hours PIC cross country could be done. My comment was not intended to be general but more in the context of whether the 'hour building' was eligible for FEEHELP funding given that it is not described, and included within the Aviation Training Package document. This document is quite specific about the units that make up the qualification. The regulations concerning eligibility of training for fee help funding exclude anything that is not detailed in the training package.

My other comments which you felt we're jumping at shadows. Well perhaps were a little too detailed however when the statistics get published in a few years about how a initio cadet ships produce cadets that are of a better standard than GA experienced recruits (like REX did at the Senate Inquiry) I would just like for you to be able to research this and find out why - because they all have many more hours than an a initio Cadetship course includes.

Last edited by The Kelpie; 9th Dec 2012 at 21:29.