PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Aviation Herald under legal threat
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2012, 09:08
Capot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I read the table of quotations and Ryanair's responses.

90% of those quotations were indeed either complete bollocks or couched in terms that were designed to mislead.

It is obvious that they came from a position of parti pris, ie "Ryanair is unsafe" founded on a total lack of knowledge about how Ryanair does its maintenance, and its flight operations.

I think that Ryanair's commercial practices stink; almost everything they do to the customers, commercially, is sharp practice and bordering on the illegal. I only use them if I have no other option; I will drive 200 miles to an airport to avoid them if I can.

But, not for the first time, it is necessary to point out, from first hand knowledge of its line and base maintenance, and to a good extent of its flight operations, that Ryanair has the best maintenance control and methods, and quality control and assurance of any of the many airlines I have worked with, including the world's favourite. Actually, the world's favourite is a country mile behind them.

The reason is very simple; Ryanair have worked out that good maintenance and high aircrew standards cost less than bad maintenance and low aircrew standards. It's a pity that some of the more traditional big operators, to say nothing of small struggling operators, evidently are unable to understand this.

So, say what you like about Ryanair's treatment of its customers, but I don't blame them for responding as they did to that article, which was slanted rubbish.

Last edited by Capot; 7th Dec 2012 at 09:08.