PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 5
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2012, 06:04
SWBKCB

Received 85 Likes on 57 Posts
SWBKCB - It's true and obvious and you don't have to look very hard to see it. Looking at where you've listed as your location you were always going to react like that, regardless of right or wrong.
Sorry, most of your post looked plausible but I've never bought the "Peel want to run us down so they can use the land for development" line. As somebody has said previously, if you shut the airport all you've got is another industrial estate. Sure Peel is interested in developing the land, but it is more valuable/attractive to them with an airport there.

However, to say
as we go back on the up again NCL heads in the opposite direction
is nonsense and undermines the credibility of the rest of your post and comments about Peel and its behaviour. MME has stabilised (and I'm glad to see it), but stopping the decline isn't the same as being on the up. And on what basis is Newcastle on the decline? Routes come and go as airlines react to the market, but off the top of my head I can't think of any significant reductions or airline customers who have left. And the debt comment is just nonsense - large company borrows money shock, where's the story? Perhaps we should say that MME is still on the decline as it needs government hand outs to fund the southside development - equally nonsensical.