PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wannabe ATCO, NATS application process Q's
Old 5th Dec 2012, 14:23
jm1837

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wannabe ATCO, NATS application process Q's

So, I'm 18, live in the north east of England and am about to send off my initial application form to NATS. I have read a few threads on this site, but I'd rather attempt to get my exact questions answered rather then infer answers from other peoples inquiries.

Firstly, are there any programmes, books or the like that can help me to prepare for the application/interview process? And do they provide any booklets to assist with preparation?

Secondly, on the website it says "There is a slight problem with those candidates who are aged 18, as they have to be 21 in order to hold a radar licence", but does not give much further explanation, what implications does this have?

Are the a number of dates flexible for the interviews, or will i have to arrange cover for my current shifts at work?

I'm currently trying to organise a visit to my closest control tower and airport, in the hope that this will aid me in the interviews.

Apologies in advance for the rookie-ness of my post, and a thanks in advance for any replies!

jm1837