PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 5th Dec 2012, 12:26
Tritzo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
careful, this is only a rumour, but i have been told on the telephone one month ago something similar.

i remember about it because the 1-year-assessment-rule (which didnt really exist at the time of the call) was mentioned as well.

*it was a high ranked training captain, who works hand in hand with recruitment department and he said that usually there is only a problem, if (as geronimo already mentioned) one delays an offered DOJ. if you accept straight away, then everything should be okay. the worst thing that could happen would be a reassessment in case you got delayed too far, but in general the recruitment doesnt do that. if you delay yourself another time, youre out of the application.

this information is first hand but also that guy was not making the rules. so dont take it literally. take it or leave it.

*as well - but i think we will all get that in the "november" update anyways- "the required manpower next year will be significantly lower than this year". this is however the latest information i have got, just a few days ago first hand by someone else in a responsible position at the recruitment.

*additionally appx. 30 first officers will have their end of contract end of december and will join the carrier across the sea which shall not be mentioned.
(according to a friends information)

we are all in the same boat.

as its only a rumours network - you can make out of this information whatever you like.
it can mean everything, but most likely doesnt mean anything.

as disagreeable already said - he told us so before...

Last edited by Tritzo; 5th Dec 2012 at 12:31.