PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which Middle East Airline has best quality of life?
Old 4th Dec 2012, 06:14
long-gonner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whyflare,

Living and flying outside of the US is great experience, but have a heart to heart with your wife/family first. If they are not 100% fully behind the endevour it will fail miserably. Once you accept the job offer and move to wherever, you will be forced to take out car loans, sign 12 month rental agreements if company housing is not provided, school fees, etc.... Basically make sure the wife understands its not a 3 months into it you can change your mind and just leave type of situation. flydubai has a 3 year training bond. Other UAE airlines have something similar. As for location, I couldn't imagine living any place other than Duabi with my family. Everyone has a different experience, but as someone who doesn't get drunk in public, takes taxis when I do go out for drinks, and has been fairly lucky at flydubai with not having anything major happen (knock on wood) work wise, I'm fairly glad I took the plunge. Occasionally you run into some anti-Americanism from the least expected places, but that's few and far between the vast majority of people in the world that are quite pleasant work with. Good luck with your job search!