PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - India worst performing domestic air travel market globally: IATA
Old 3rd Dec 2012, 14:38
stiknruddr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this discussion started with how Indian aviation sector is struggling and quickly degenerated into mud slinging and defensiveness on quality of atc in India.
Expats and experienced pilots, we know you've been there, seen it all, done it all. but please be gentle. we know the problem exists but it hurts when you all just dump on us so quickly and forcefully. things aren't totally hopeless.
Locals, its OK to be a little defensive, but there's no point turning it around on the poster and making it personal. that just escalates the fight and ruins it for everyone here.

not saying that ATC is not an issue, but its not the main problem. the powers that be are just in it to squeeze the sector and line their pockets. policy inaction is a problem faced by the entire economy and not just the aviation sector.

coming back to ATC ineptness, the problem in my opinion is the lack of a real world practical training curriculum for the controllers. they are trained only in theoretical aspects before getting behind the mike.
secondly there are just not enough smaller, regional airports that could be used as farms to train new controllers and bring them up to international standards. not enough time in the minor leagues before the majors i say.

just my $.02