PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 29th Nov 2012, 22:50
checkthisout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Geronimo, English was actually the 2nd of 3 foreign languages one must study in order to graduate (apart from the technical subjects). That has been some time ago, but yes, it was said to be a good fundamental education which was mandatory in order to commence professional flight training.

non scholae sed vitae discimus... (I never thought I would actually ever say that, but it's kinda true)

But enough to that, it was not meant to be offensive, and still is not. Its a matter of effort you put into something and a matter of politeness/respect towards your conversation partner/employer/whatsoever . (I guess thats why we all should additionally start learning Arabic, Russian, Indian or Chinese - depending on what the world is gonna be like in a few decades) Even if they don't give a **** about it. Old school, old fashion.

@TRIPPLE 7
- Did you get this information from the inside?

- Does it also refer to the pool or only for new interviewers? e.g.: will only be people hired from the pool that can be transferred/standardized on the 777?

Which would mean: No 320/330 typeratings within 8 months, although many 320 people are changing to the 787 or left to across the lake?

- If you are from the inside: Why are you still running interviews although you have such a big backlog?
Don't you think that giving passed applicants/signed contract/offer of employment people with security check (in general the talent pool people) regular information and not making them feel left out, will make them choose your company over the first (and often not best) choice for another job that runs across them?

Transparency is not always a bad thing, it actually can help sometimes, you know...