PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 22nd Nov 2012, 11:26
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Creampuff me old.

In the unlikely event I ever got into really deep **** you would be on my team.

However if wishes were fishes pigs might fly. AND only if you are able to intellectually separate the cause, IMHO pilot error, from the the inevitable consequences revealed by the ATSB, which after all is their job.

Herr Dolan, "Mein Fuehrer, we are getting our asses kicked on the Eastern Front and our heads handed to us on the Western Front.". Fuehrer in high dudgeon " take zis man outside and have him shot, slowly and painfully"

For me personally on the evidence yes, action: a rug dance about why he had departed from the COM and some serious (CASA did it) retraining a repentance of his sins and a one pager on why he should keep his job.

Yes, by ATSB and

By CASA:
"can I take that on notice" (and hope it goes away, OR write a note to everybody telling them everybody not CASA is an idiot ) by CASA. Unfortunately we can only give an unequivocal 50% answer because 50% of our FOI seem IMHO to having trouble recognizing a duck when they see one.

Proposed Senate Recommendation:

That CASA FOI be trained By the Audubon/Gould Society in the identification and recognition of species Chordata/Aves//Anseriformes/Anatidae.

Now Mac is supposed to speak for CASA, bit I suspect, actually know, the many fine, professional and dedicated staff who know what a duck looks like wonder whatever it is they did on this earth to be cast into perdition. They like most of us are just passengers on the great aircraft of life driven by aberrant pilots.

How the fcuk do we get off.

Sarcs

Yup

And

No

While it is no longer my direct responsibility, I would be as Hef asks, advising name rank and serial number only in front asking back channel how do we sort this legally. It has never go to that point.

IMHO Bill H is much underestimated as in "dumb like a fox". Sen X has a good mind and is genuinely concerned, Sen F despite his clearly impeccable military aviation creds has AFAIK not been tested in the Australian civil crucible. That he has adds a certain "health" to the inquiry, juries out, however, I am of a certain age where I have many high ranking serving military and ex military friends, most I would without hesitation trust with my life, but in a much lesser proportion than civilians would not. I suspect though were we to share the odd case of a good red we would find much to agree on and have much to discuss.