PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 14th Nov 2012, 05:24
Sarcs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Admire your passion Frank and have to agree with...
The Catholic Church is getting more "air time" than all of you. The NSW Police are in trouble, Slippery Pete has his own problems in Oxford Street, Gillard is backed into a corner, the "Baby Factory's" at DOC'S are more important, than the notion that most of us are representative of a fractionated industry is a fact.
Shame we don't have Hedley Thomas batting for our team he is like a blue healer nipping away at the heel's of the Ginger Ninja.
Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian
I reckon HT would certainly have the tenacity to ferret out all the skeletons at Fort Fumble but unfortunately he is obviously otherwise occupied. Unless someone knows of another investigative journo that would be interested in our cause I suggest we throw support behind the Senators or at least let them know they are officially on notice!

Noticed that there is another embarassing revelation revealed on the Senate site:
Dear Senator Heffernan

Clarification of statements made at hearing on 22 October 2012

I write regarding certain statements made during the appearance of the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) at the inquiry into aviation accident investigation (Pel-Air) on 22 October 2012.

At page 36 of the Hansard from Monday 22 October I stated:

Senator XENOPHON: So, there is nothing to stop Mr Wickham working on Pel-Air right now, notwithstanding the fact that he was the chief pilot?
Mr McCormick: Mr Wickham has not worked on Pel-Air other than to do a desktop review on some aspects.

I made this in good faith. It has since been brought to my attention that Mr Wickham was not involved in desk top work but instead, on 11 November 2011, he participated as an observer for an assessment of a Pel-Air check pilot in order to gain approval to conduct an Emergency Procedures Check under the Civil Aviation Orders. This was necessary as part of Mr Wickham’s development for a Flying Operations Inspector role. No other work was conducted on Pel-Air by Mr Wickham.

I apologise if my comments have in anyway been misleading.

Yours sincerely
Makes you wonder how it will be possible for the Senators to believe anything that comes out of the mouths of Fort Fumbles senior troughfeeders, the bard said it well..
WS: Lord, Lord, how subject we old men are to this vice of lying!
...however Aristotle said it better..
The least initial deviation from the truth is multiplied later a thousandfold.

Forgot to mention next Monday and Wednesday program is up:
Inquiry into the Aviation Accident Investigations

Public hearing - Canberra, Monday 19 November 2012

Committee Room 2S1
Parliament House
CANBERRA
Time
Witness

Sub No.

10.00 am
Airservices Australia
Ms Margaret Staib, Chief Executive Officer
Mr Jason Harfield, Executive General Manager Air Traffic Control
Mr Peter Hobson, A/g Manager Network Management Services

11.00 am
Australian Bureau of Meteorology
Mr Barry Hanstrume, Regional Director NSW

12:00 pm
Adjournment

Inquiry into the Aviation Accident Investigations

Public hearing - Canberra, Wednesday 21 November 2012

Committee Room 2S1
Parliament House
CANBERRA
Time
Witness

Sub No.

4.00 pm
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
Professor John McMillan AO, Australian Information Commissioner

5.00 pm
Australian Transport Safety Bureau
Mr Martin Dolan, Chief Commissioner
Mr Ian Sangston, General Manager Aviation Safety Investigations
Mr Julian Walsh, General Manager Strategic Capability
Mr Joe Hattley, Assistant General Manager Strategic Capability

6:30 pm
Adjournment

The OAIC commissioner is an interesting one...wonder what that's all about? No Fort Fumble though!

Last edited by Sarcs; 14th Nov 2012 at 06:16. Reason: Thanks creamy