PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Start-up: Maastricht Airlines
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2012, 14:16
MikeMeister

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree that "Maastricht Airlines" is a name that required only minimal thinking. With Kerboua as CEO ("Denim Air"), one would think that a less regional and more creative name could be devised. I am sure that local financial backing is in place and maybe these investors wanted a regional name. The abbreviation "MAL" stands for "Stupid" and "Strange" in the Dutch language, not the most brilliant start for an airline.

Back in the Air Exel days, the MST-AMS schedule was served 4 times daily (maybe even 5 times) but the world has changed since then.
Regular customers are all gone and have found suitable alternatives to travel, the A2-highway was improved significantly lowering traveltimes to less than 2 hours (one way) and for those who have't paid attention, we are in the middle of a financial crisis. Iberia just stopped flying AMS-MAD (one of the oldest scheduled services) simply because nobody travels anymore (on Iberia).

I wish them all the best but I am sure they will have a difficult start and Kerboua is known for leaving behind grounded airlines (Denim Air, Amsterdam Airlines). He may be looked at with a fair amount of scepticism.

Anyone out there with the names of the rest of the postholders ?
I wonder who was hired as Chief Pilot, Chief of Training, Quality Manager, Operations Manager etc.......