PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DUBLIN - 2
Thread: DUBLIN - 2
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2012, 12:24
DollarBill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
according to Aer Lingus' Annual Report 2011, is that 21% of passenger revenues are now generated from passengers connecting from inter-airline carriers:I think this statement has been slightly misunderstood. This indicates that 21% of its turnover is being feed into its network from other carriers. (I'm not sure if Aer Lingus Regional is classed as an 'inter airline carrier')

What it means is that BA/KLM/VS/JetBlue/United/(Arann?) provide 20% of EI pax revenue.
(LHR/AMS/LGW/JFK/ORD/BOS would be the main routes providing this)
This is revenue rather than actual % of total pax numbers,they could be much higher. We can expect this number/% to grow as the Air Canada and Ethiad interline/codeshare agreements gather strength.

I like the comparison with Icelandair....that 80% of longhaul pax numbers are sourced outside the home market. In a meeting with the CEO a number of year ago I made this point. I used Icelandair and Finnair as examples of airlines who utilise their geographical position to draw in a lot more traffic than their Home market could provide. The previous EI CEO had implemented a (IMO ludicrous) policy of operating shorthaul and longhaul as more or less seperate entities.

In other statemnts EI have said that over 47% of their pax bookings are from outside Ireland. (2011 report page 8)

Funnily enough page 8 of the 2011 results states that EI will take delivery of 3 A350 in 2015, this was supposed to be 4,with 2 more in 2016. Perhaps they have been pushed back due A350 delays. No mention of deferrring the 4,5 or 6 deliveries.

EDIT@thks Racedo, I contradicted myself in my own post!

Last edited by DollarBill; 2nd Nov 2012 at 12:46.