PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus 320 type rating & 500 hours of Line training Rate of success??
Old 31st Oct 2012, 13:24
joaocastro

737 Ride,

First of all tank you for the reply, it's good to have an honest comment like yours. I know that this is a very competitive profession, and hardly we see someone sharing the experiences they had.

I am aware of the 737 program in Asia, and actually there are a few questions I would like to ask you if you donīt mind.

The first one has to do with the agency that you have made contact to provide you with this program.

Have you applied trough Eagle Jet or Falcon aviation?

What do you think it would be the best solution?

I have read some information about these two agencies, but establishing contact with some one that currently is in the program it's different.

A few other questions I would like to ask you, has to do with the living costs in Jakarta. This includes rent, meals and transportation.

Did the company helped you finding an apartment or house before you arrived at Jakarta, or you had to do everything by yourself?

How much is an average rent in Jakarta?

I know that it will vary on weather it is a house or an apartment and the place where it is located. But in a situation like mine, I need to stay close to the airport or the airline company location.

Can you tell me what is your approximate cost in rent?

How have you solved the transportation issue? The airline company provides transportation for it's pilots?

I would like to ask you one more thing, that has to do with the "waiting period" some people say that they have spent a few months to complete the ground school and getting they're licenses ready.

Do you know what is the average waiting time? I know that every case is different, but some people wait less than others.

I am asking you all of these questions, so I can make a good judgement of how much money I will need.

If you have the time, I would appreciate your help with these questions.