PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 29th Oct 2012, 07:54
sqn012

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Av8whore,

OK you're not happy with QR. So please leave the company (if you are in), and let me take your seat ...

What would you do if you were jobless, not type rated, with 3 young children (6 months, 4 yrs and 8 yrs) ?...

I have been flying for the last 22 years, and being out of work today with the current economical situation in Europe is definitely not a good position !

QR is for me a fantastic opportunity to FLY !
but not only flying, flying big jets in a big company with various possibilities for my family (learn english, having some house keeping, big house, travelling, discovering the world).

OK, for me, it won't be a funny and relaxed party. But I don't mind. I am a professionnal pilot and I am able to cope with this undoubtedly. I had some hard times in the past with demanding instructors. If you work hard and show your professionalism, I am sure you get through. Or you are unlucky. But everybody knows that you need to be lucky in this job ... What do I risk ? loosing my future job ? I have no job today. So ...

Where are the good companies that pay well and are tolerant on your mistakes today ?... not that many. Because major companies from Europe and the US who used to be the good ones to be in, are now struggling to keep competitive. They do not recuit anymore like in the past.

The new companies are the ME and Asia ones. Simply because they have less taxes, cheaper fuel, lower salaries, and younger employees, eager to fly and not able to complaint. Is there any strikes in the ME ?!!! for sure not !
They used to be many in Europe or the USA, remember ...

interviewed beginning of Feb 2012 ...