PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus 320 type rating & 500 hours of Line training Rate of success??
Old 28th Oct 2012, 09:13
cgwhitemonk11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
737 Ride

I applaud the post above trying to lift the lid on the reality of line training programs. I made a BIG mistake 3 years ago by going and getting a jet rating without any gaurantee's of a job... I was naive and stupid and fully regret it.

But I am ok now, why? Because I realized my mistake. Alot of people throw good money after bad money and feel 'but I've just wasted money on a rating! If I don't throw another 50,000 euro at it then its useless!!'

But it is already useless, unless things change, throwing away the rest of your money won't change that. People will always know you are one of the guys who helped destroy the T&C's for this profession and it will follow you like a bad smell for the rest of your career.

And another thing does anyone actually realize how much money 50,000 euro is? Living a normal lifestyle it will take years to pay that off, even if you do get the 777 job they promise you....

Personally I know several people who disagree with me and are currently in the middle of line training programs, mostly unhappy, but will defend there decisions to the end...